Junior & Teen Divisions
Summer Season: Wednesday, July 1st (9th of Tamuz) - Monday, August 24th (4th of Elul)
First Session: Wednesday, July 1st (9th of Tamuz) - Monday, July 27 (6th of Av)
Second Session: Tuesday, July 28 (7thth of Av) - Monday, August 24 (4th of Elul)
ATTENTION OUT OF TOWN PARENTS
All campers return to Crown Heights in the afternoon
Please book your daughter’s return flight(s) for after 6 pm
Buses will leave from our registration office located at 828 Eastern Parkway between 12 PM - 1 PM First Session: Wednesday, July 1st (9th of Tamuz) Second Session: Tuesday, July 28 (6th of Av)
MEDICAL & PARENT AUTHORIZATION FORMS
No child will be admitted to camp unless the Medical Form is completed and signed by the doctor and Parent Authorization form signed by parent.
Forms may be submitted by
Mail: 824 Eastern Parkway Brooklyn, NY 11213
Fax: 718.735.1202 or 718.735.4455
Please log into your Camp Emunah account to download the forms.
Please remember that FORMS MUST BE SIGNED.
Visitors will be permitted to visit campers on the following days ONLY: (12pm – 6pm)
Please be advised that according to health regulations, visitors are not permitted on campgrounds on days other than those listed above. We kindly ask that you adhere to this policy so that camp does not incur any fines.
Camp Emunah has a strictly enforced “zero tolerance” policy when it comes to graffiti or any other form of vandalism to camp property. Campers who will be found defacing or damaging any of camp’s property will automatically be charged with your credit card on file for any damage caused by your child with a minimum of $100 charge.
We suggest that your daughter bring approximately $40 for canteen as well as some pocket money to use when going off campgrounds.
All snack items that are brought to camp must bear a reliable Rabbinical Hechsher and, when applicable, be Cholov/Pas Yisroel.
CELL PHONE POLICY
Campers may not bring cell phones to camp. Campers will have the opportunity to make phone calls using camp phones at a designated time each week.. If a cell phone is found in a camper’s possession it will be confiscated and not given back under any circumstance. Please spare us from this uncomfortable situation and do not send them in the first place.
REQUIRED POOL ACCESSORIES
- Only 1-piece bathing suits allowed - NO bikinis and NO tankinis
- 2 bathing caps (Board of Health requires a specific type of bathing cap. The regulation bathing cap will be sold at camp for a minimal charge.)
- Bathrobe pass the knees – to be worn when going to and from the pool
- T shirt
- Long socks to wear to and from the pool
- Suntan lotion/ sunscreen
- Water bottle
- Goggles (optional)
All items should be labeled.
No tubes will be allowed in the pool
Camp balances must be paid as follows:
Full summer to be paid by June 1, 2020
First session to be paid by June 1, 2020
Second session to be paid by July 1, 2020
If the full amount cannot be paid by these dates, a series of head checks or valid credit card number must be provided to cover the tuition by the above dates.
ALL PAYMENTS MAY BE MADE BY CREDIT CARD!
No child will be permitted to board the camp bus or into camp without an authorized Admission Card. These cards will not be issued unless the following is in order:
- Summer Feeding Form is signed and submitted (if applicable)
- Medical Form & Parent Authorization Form are signed and submitted.
- Tuition balance is paid in full.
There will be no exceptions to this rule!
We look forward to spending a most productive and rewarding summer with you – one that will enable us to help bring Moshiach Now!
Rebbitzen Chave Hecht
- Spiral notebook
During the school year, home and school play a most vital role in the Chinuch of our daughters. During the summer, sleep-away camp must take the place of both the home and school.
Camp Emunah is proud of its high standards of Tznius which we expect every girl to follow. Every camper and staff member is asked to carefully review the information below and to be sure that all clothing brought to camp is in compliance with the following:
- Skirts and dresses must cover the knees at all times; while standing, sitting, walking or playing sports
- Sleeves must cover the elbows AT ALL TIMES; wide sleeves are unacceptable. Only ¾ sleeves that are generously covering the elbow and are tight enough not to ride up when hands are raised may be worn. Skirts must generously cover the knees.
- All blouses and tops must be long enough so that when one’s arms are raised their entire body remains completely covered.
- Necklines must cover the collarbone, using safety pins to close open neck shirts is unacceptable.
- No bobby, crew, tube or slouch socks are to be worn. If one prefers to wear socks, they must be at least knee high.
- Skirts or dresses may not have a slit of any length. Slits including the front button down type must be completely sewn down.
- Straight skirts that are tight fitting or wrap around skirts that are not completely sewn down are unacceptable.
- Tee shirts with inappropriate slogans or messages are unacceptable.
- Two-piece bathing suits and/or Tankini’s are not permitted.
- Nail polish and makeup are unacceptable for campers’ use.
- Proper Shabbos clothing and footwear truly enhances our Shabbosim. Please be sure to bring only clothes and shoes that are completely tznius and dignify the Shabbos.
- Books, magazines and music of a general nature are not permitted in camp.
- During mealtimes, no one is allowed into the dining room dressed in a robe.
- Sleepwear must be according to the rules of Tznius, and pajama pants will only be allowed with a long length shirt over them.
- The wearing of leggings is discouraged. However, if you choose to wear leggings, knee socks must be worn as well to cover leggings. Leggings with short socks are not permitted.
- No cell phones, I-pods, and MP3 players permitted, if found in camper’s possession, they will be confiscated and not returned.
Camp reserves the right to take away any article that is not in compliance with the above rules. It will be the camp’s decision whether or not to return the confiscated item at the end of the summer.
“BZCHUS NOSHIM TZIDKONIOS...”
In the merit of all our campers in Camp Emunah who strive to achieve and accomplish what every Bas Chabad can epitomize through dress, speech and action. May we be Zocheh to be reunited with our Rebbe once again NOW!!!
- 1 Pillow
- 1 Laundry bag
- 3 Sheets*
- 3 Pillow cases
- 8 Towels
- 2 Wash cloths
- 4 Tznius Shabbos outfits
- 8 Skirts
- 8 Blouses
- 1 Long Bathrobe
- 1 Robe
- 1 Raincoat
- 1 Heavy sweater/light jacket
- 2 Summer night gowns
- 2 Flannel night gowns
- 18 Pairs of Knee-Hi socks
- 12 Wire hangers
- Sleeping bag
- 2 Blankets
- 1 Flash light
- Full length (well below the knees) tee-shirt with sleeves covering the elbows for trips and water activities.
- Bathing cap
- 2 Bathing suits
- 10 Undershirts
- 14 Panties
- 2 pairs of shoes
- 1 pair of boots
- 1 Pair slippers
- 1 Pair bathing shoes
- 1 comb & brush
- 1 box facial tissues
- 1 soap container & soap
- 1 toothbrush & paste
- Pens & pencils
- Water bottle
- Postcards, stationary, stamps
- 1 Siddur
- Jewish books, games (opt.)
- Musical instruments (opt.)
- Baseball cap (opt.)
Please make a list of every article and paste it on the inside of the suitcase along with camper’s complete name, address and telephone number.
Children who wear glasses should bring a spare pair.
Be sure that all articles of clothing and supplies have NAME TAPES sewn onto them.
All linens must have camper’s name and Camp Emunah on tape. Please use “sew-on” tapes, not the “iron-on” kind, as “iron on” tends to fall off in the wash.
Please do not bring jewelry, expensive electronics, or other valuables to camp. The management cannot assume responsibility for loss or theft of these items.
*If your child has on occasion wet her bed, please inform the nursing staff and send a plastic sheet, as well as additional linen
Wednesday, July 1st, 2020
All campers should come to The Camp Emunah Registration Office located at 828 Eastern Parkway to have their heads checked in the following order:
Campers must present their Bus Pass when coming to have their heads checked so that they can be properly stamped in readiness to boarding the buses on Tuesday. (As a reminder, all balances must be paid before admission cards will be issued.)
Hair must be completely dry before being checked for lice
If a camper is found to have Nits/Lice, a professional service will clean her hair. The fee is $150-‐ $250 payable by the parent for the initial site cleaning. Should additional cleaning be required, the fee will be adjusted according to the severity of the case and the length of the hair. If the camper is from out of town, her parents will be contacted. Once the child’s head is declared clean the parent will be responsible to make the appropriate travel arrangements to bring the child up to camp.
Monday, June 29, 2020
LUGGAGE DROP OFF
6:00 PM – 8:00 PM
NEW FOR SUMMER 5780: The luggage trucks will be parked on the corner of President and Kingston on Monday evening from 6:00 pm-‐ 8:00 pm for luggage drop off. This will be the ONLY time and the ONLY place to drop luggage. Once loaded, the trucks will be traveling to camp and will NOT be at the buses on Tuesday. If you want to be sure that your child’s luggage will be waiting for her when she arrives at camp, please drop it off on Monday.
The fee for luggage on Monday evening is $30 per child (2 pieces of luggage per child)
The truck driver is to be paid in cash
Luggage brought on Tuesday is subject to a $50 fee and Camp Emunah does not assume responsibility nor does it guarantee in any way that the luggage will reach camp on Tuesday.
Very limited luggage space has been reserved for campers arriving in New York on Tuesday morning. Please be courteous to your fellow campers and drop your luggage off at the designated time.
To avoid confusion and the possibility of luggage being misplaced, luggage tags and markers will be available at the luggage truck. Please attach the tag designated to your daughter’s division and clearly write your daughter’s name on it.
Please do not send cases of water with your child to camp and please DO NOT ship water to camp as the deliveries will be refused.
Camp offers cold water throughout the day for all campers.
Your daughter will also be able to purchase a case or a cold bottle of water from Canteen.
Tuesday, June 30, 2020
DATE OF DEPARTURE
12:00 PM – 2:00 PM
Buses will be leaving from in front of 824-828 Eastern Parkway
(between Kingston & Albany)
Campers arriving in New York on Tuesday morning must have their heads checked for lice in order to board the bus
Buses will depart as soon as they are loaded
12:00 pm Jr Division lice check begins
12:30 pm Jr Division buses begin to load
1:00 pm Teen Division Lice check begins
1:30 pm Teen Division buses begin to load
STAFF MEMBERS may come from 12:00 pm and onward to have their heads checked
We hope to have all buses depart by 2:00 PM Sharp
Please don’t be late
AIRPORT SHUTTLE SERVICE
Camp Emunah is happy to once again offer Shuttle Service from JFK and LGA to Crown Heights under the following conditions:
Flight must land on Tuesday June 30th, 2020
Flight must land before 10:00 am (Eastern Time)
Flight information / Itinerary + contact phone number must be submitted to our office no later than Thursday, June 18, 2020
A minimum of 5 people must request pick up from same airport
A reservation fee of $10 must be paid by Thursday, June 18, 2020
PLEASE KEEP IN MIND
1. All balances must be paid before admission cards will be issued. (As notified, balances may be paid using post dated checks or credit cards through August 2020)
2. All those who are not paid in full or have not yet completed their Medical Form, Parent Authorization Form and/or Summer Food Service Program form are urged to come to the Camp Emunah office no later than Monday, June 22nd, 2020 to submit their forms, pay their bills, and receive their admission cards. (Office hours: 10 am – 2:30 pm Mon – Thu)
3. Please take care of all your personal needs before boarding the bus. No camper or staff member will be permitted off the bus once she boards. Please send a snack with your daughter for the bus ride.
4. If you plan to bring your daughter directly to camp, please do not do so before 4:00 pm. When you arrive at camp, please go directly to the nurse for lice check.
5. Please remember to send rain gear with your daughter (i.e boots, rain jacket)
6. Campers in grades 6.7,8,9 are required to bring a Chitas as well as a Kvort and Shisel.
7. Cell phones and electronic games, devices, or equipment (such as ipods, ipads, DS, PSP) are not to be brought to camp under any circumstances! CAMP EMUNAH DOES NOT ASSUME RESPONSIBILTY FOR LOST OR THEFT OF THE ABOVE ITEMS
8. URGENT: Campers in 9th Grade Teen Division will be traveling to Canada and must bring their PASSPORT or original BIRTH CERTIFICATE. Campers who are not US citizens should call 1.800.363.7777 for specific requirements. Remember: You will not be allowed on the trip if you do not have a passport or birth certificate!
Camp Emunah has a strictly enforced “zero tolerance” policy when it comes to graffiti or any other form of vandalism to camp property. A $100 Security deposit in form of a check is due prior to the start of the session in order to receive an admission card.
Campers who will be found defacing or damaging any of camp’s property will automatically forfeit their $100 deposit as well as be held responsible to repair/ replace whatever was damaged (when applicable).
CAMP EMUNAH CONTACT INFO
Brooklyn Office: 718.735.0225
Junior Division Office: 845.647.8742
BJJ Teen Division Office: 845.647.6615
Letters & Packages
When mailing letters or packages to your daughter via USPS please use the following address:
C/O Camp Emunah
(Division + Grade)
PO Box 266
Greenfield Park, NY 12435
When mailing packages to your daughter via UPS/Fedex please use the following address:
C/O Camp Emunah
(Division + Grade)
970 Old Greenfield Park Road
Greenfield Park, NY 12435
C/O Camp Emunah
(Division + Grade)
6660 Route 52
Greenfield Park, NY 12435