Junior & Teen Divisions
Summer Season: Wednesday, June 28 (Tammuz 4) to Monday, August 21 (Av 29)
First Session: Wednesday, June 28 (Tammuz 4) to Monday, July 24 (Rosh Chodesh Av)
Second Session: Tuesday, July 25 (Av 2) to Monday, August 21 (Av 29)
ATTENTION OUT OF TOWN PARENTS
All campers return to Crown Heights in the afternoon
Please book your daughter’s return flight(s) for after 7 pm
Buses will leave from our registration office located at 823 Eastern Parkway between 12 PM - 2 PM
First Session: Wednesday, June 28 (Tammuz 4)
Second Session: Tuesday, July 25 (Av 2)
MEDICAL & PARENT AUTHORIZATION FORMS
No child will be admitted to camp unless the Medical Form is completed and signed by the doctor and Parent Authorization form signed by parent.
Forms may be submitted by
Mail: 824 Eastern Parkway Brooklyn, NY 11213
Fax: 718.735.1202 or 718.735.4455
Download Medical Form
Please remember that FORMS MUST BE SIGNED.
Visitors will be permitted to visit campers on the following days ONLY: (12pm – 6pm)
First Session: Sunday, July 9 (Tammuz 15)
Second Session: Sunday, Aug 6 (Av 14)
Please be advised that according to health regulations, visitors are not permitted on campgrounds on days other than those listed above. We kindly ask that you adhere to this policy so that camp does not incur any fines.
- Spiral notebook
We suggest that your daughter bring approximately $40 for canteen as well as some pocket money to use when going off campgrounds.
All snack items that are brought to camp must bear a reliable Rabbinical Hechsher and, when applicable, be Cholov/Pas Yisroel.
CELL PHONE POLICY
Campers may not bring cell phones to camp. Campers will have the opportunity to make phone calls using camp phones when on campgrounds and payphones on all of our camp trips. If a cell phone is found in a camper’s possession it will be confiscated and not given back under any circumstance. Please do not send them in the first place.
REQUIRED POOL ACCESSORIES
- Only 1-piece bathing suits allowed - NO bikinis and NO tankinis
- 2 bathing caps (Board of Health requires a specific type of bathing cap. The regulation bathing cap will be sold at camp for a minimal charge.)
- Bathrobe pass the knees – to be worn when going to and from the pool
- White T shirt
- Long socks to wear to and from the pool
- Suntan lotion/ sunscreen
- Water bottle
- Goggles (optional)
All items should be labeled.
No tubes will be allowed in the pool
Camp Emunah has a strictly enforced “zero tolerance” policy when it comes to graffiti or any other form of vandalism to camp property. A $100 Security deposit in form of a check is due prior to the start of the session in order to receive an admission card. Campers who will be found defacing or damaging any of camp’s property will automatically forfeit their $100 deposit and be responsible to repair/ replace whatever was damaged.
Camp balances must be paid as follows:
Full summer to be paid by June 1, 2017
First session to be paid by June 1, 2017
Second session to be paid by July 1, 2017
If the full amount cannot be paid by these dates, a series of head checks or valid credit card number must be provided to cover the tuition by the above dates.
ALL PAYMENTS MAY BE MADE BY CREDIT CARD!
No child will be permitted to board the camp bus or into camp without an authorized Admission Card. These cards will not be issued unless the following is in order:
- Summer Feeding Form is signed and submitted (if applicable)
- Medical Form & Parent Authorization Form are signed and submitted.
- Tuition balance is paid in full.
- $100 security deposit is submitted.
There will be no exceptions to this rule!
We look forward to spending a most productive and rewarding summer with you – one that will enable us to help bring Moshiach Now!
Rebbitzen Chave Hecht
During the school year, home and school play a most vital role in the Chinuch of our daughters. During the summer, sleep-away camp must take the place of both the home and school.
Camp Emunah is proud of its high standards of Tznius which we expect every girl to follow. Every camper and staff member is asked to carefully review the information below and to be sure that all clothing brought to camp is in compliance with the following:
- Skirts and dresses must cover the knees at all times; while standing, sitting, walking or playing sports
- Sleeves must cover the elbows AT ALL TIMES; wide sleeves are unacceptable. Only ¾ sleeves that are generously covering the elbow and are tight enough not to ride up when hands are raised may be worn. Skirts must generously cover the knees.
- All blouses and tops must be long enough so that when one’s arms are raised their entire body remains completely covered.
- Necklines must cover the collarbone, using safety pins to close open neck shirts is unacceptable.
- No bobby, crew, tube or slouch socks are to be worn. If one prefers to wear socks, they must be at least knee high.
- Skirts or dresses may not have a slit of any length. Slits including the front button down type must be completely sewn down.
- Straight skirts that are tight fitting or wrap around skirts that are not completely sewn down are unacceptable.
- Tee shirts with inappropriate slogans or messages are unacceptable.
- Two-piece bathing suits and/or Tankini’s are not permitted.
- Nail polish and makeup are unacceptable for campers’ use.
- Proper Shabbos clothing and footwear truly enhances our Shabbosim. Please be sure to bring only clothes and shoes that are completely tznius and dignify the Shabbos.
- Books, magazines and music of a general nature are not permitted in camp.
- During mealtimes, no one is allowed into the dining room dressed in a robe.
- Sleepwear must be according to the rules of Tznius, and pajama pants will only be allowed with a long length shirt over them.
- The wearing of leggings is discouraged. However, if you choose to wear leggings, knee socks must be worn as well to cover leggings. Leggings with short socks are not permitted.
- No cell phones, I-pods, and MP3 players permitted, if found in camper’s possession, they will be confiscated and not returned.
Camp reserves the right to take away any article that is not in compliance with the above rules. It will be the camp’s decision whether or not to return the confiscated item at the end of the summer.
“BZCHUS NOSHIM TZIDKONIOS...”
In the merit of all our campers in Camp Emunah who strive to achieve and accomplish what every Bas Chabad can epitomize through dress, speech and action. May we be Zocheh to be reunited with our Rebbe once again NOW!!!
- 1 Pillow
- 1 Laundry bag
- 3 Sheets*
- 3 Pillow cases
- 8 Towels
- 2 Wash cloths
- 4 Tznius Shabbos outfits
- 8 Skirts
- 8 Blouses
- 1 Long Bathrobe
- 1 Robe
- 1 Raincoat
- 1 Heavy sweater/light jacket
- 2 Summer night gowns
- 2 Flannel night gowns
- 18 Pairs of Knee-Hi socks
- 12 Wire hangers
- Sleeping bag
- 2 Blankets
- 1 Flash light
- White full length (well below the knees) tee-shirt with sleeves covering the elbows for trips and water activities.
- Bathing cap
- 2 Bathing suits
- 10 Undershirts
- 14 Panties
- 2 pairs of shoes
- 1 pair of boots
- 1 Pair slippers
- 1 Pair bathing shoes
- 1 comb & brush
- 1 box facial tissues
- 1 soap container & soap
- 1 toothbrush & paste
- Pens & pencils
- Water bottle
- Postcards, stationary, stamps
- 1 Siddur
- Jewish books, games (opt.)
- Musical instruments (opt.)
- Baseball cap (opt.)
Please make a list of every article and paste it on the inside of the suitcase along with camper’s complete name, address and telephone number.
Children who wear glasses should bring a spare pair.
Be sure that all articles of clothing and supplies have NAME TAPES sewn onto them.
All linens must have camper’s name and Camp Emunah on tape. Please use “sew-on” tapes, not the “iron-on” kind, as “iron on” tends to fall off in the wash.
Please do not bring jewelry, expensive electronics, or other valuables to camp. The management cannot assume responsibility for loss or theft of these items.
*If your child has on occasion wet her bed, please inform the nursing staff and send a plastic sheet, as well as additional linen